Working with Menus
Creating a new menu
Please note: you will almost never create a new menu. What you will want to do is create a new menu item in an existing menu, such as the top menu or footer.
- Log in to your website
- From the home page or Menu, click on 'Menu Manager'. This will take you to a page which lists all the menus have been created in your site.
- Click on the 'New' button in the top right corner of the window to create the new menu.
- In the 'Menu Name' field, enter a name for the menu. This is the name which Joomla uses to distinguish between different menus so it needs to be a unique name without spaces, eg 'newmenu'.
- In the 'Module Title' field, re-enter the name but with spaces and use uppercase characters, eg 'New Menu'. It's this name for the menu that is seen in 'Site Modules' page.
- Click on the 'Save' button in the top right corner of the window to create the new menu and be returned to the 'Menu Manager'. The new menu will now appear in the list of menus on the 'Menu Manager' page and in the 'Menu' drop-down list.